River of Life
- Face-to-Face, Online, or Both?
- General Type of Method
- Participatory arts
- River of Life Method (unitar learning & training wiki)
- Critical reflections on river of experience & life journey mapping as participatory inquiry tools
- Advancing towards Inclusive Social Research. Visual Methods as opportunities for people with Severe Mental Illness to participate in research
- Journal article - Exploring Power and Privilege Using Participatory Learning and Action Techniques
- kstoolkit - River of Life
- steps centre - Methods Vignettes: Rivers of Life
- Social justice and participatory parity: Students’ experiences of university residence life at a historically disadvantaged institution in South Africa
- Tips for Trainers : Rivers of life
- Number of Participants
- Small groups
- Medium size groups
- Types of Interaction Among Participants
- Decision Methods
- Not Applicable
- Scope of Implementation
River of Life is an artistic engagement method that invites participants to illustrate details about a specific, real-life journey or experience over time using the visual metaphor of a river.
For more information about this method used in context, see the Participedia case "Participatory Research on the Decommissioning of South African Social Services."