Open Society Institute – Sofia is a non-governmental organization, acting in the public interest to defend the values of an open society in Bulgaria and support the country's integration into the European Union.
Mission and Purpose
Open Society Institute - Sofia has the following mission and aims:
- "To promote, develop and support the values, dispositions and practices of the open society in Bulgaria.
- To support the democratization in all fields of the public and political life in the process of development of the mechanisms and structures of the civil society.
- To work for the extension and guaranteeing of the inviolability of civil freedoms and the respect of fundamental human rights.
- To support the strengthening of civil sector institutions.
- To work for the strengthening of civil participation and protection of the public interest in public policy-making.
- To encourage the extension of the public debate on issues of key importance to Bulgaria.
- To support the integration of Bulgaria to the European Union and work for the strengthening of regional cooperation." 
Origins and Development
The Open Society Institute was founded in 1990, beginning with a donation from George Soros.
Organizational Structure, Membership, and Funding
Specializations, Methods and Tools
Major Projects and Events
Analysis and Lessons Learned
 Open Society Institute. About Us. Retrieved 12/26/2020 from https://osis.bg/?p=666&lang=en