Mission and Purpose
Governance International helps agencies to achieve outcomes for citizens through excellence in public governance. They are a nonprofit organisation with a strong track record built up over eight years of working with international organisations, central government departments and agencies, local councils and nonprofit organisations world wide.
They are based in Birmingham, UK but operate internationally, drawing on a highly experienced team of experts under the supervision of directors based in Germany, Spain and the UK.
Currently they are working with several partners in Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia. Their vision is the co-production by citizens, service users, public agencies and non-profit organisations of high quality outcomes that communities value at a cost they can afford.
Specializations and activities
Governance International helps agencies to work with their service users, communities and partners more effectively. In particular, Governance International offers agencies from the public, nonprofit and private sectors:
- Consultancy in innovative approaches and partnership working to assess, improve and sustain outcomes for citizens;
- Inter-active training and learning from best practice;
- Evidence-based research identifying good governance approaches and transferable international comparisons;
- Facilitation of consultation and participation events;
- Inter-national networks with free advice and peer reviews from critical friends facing similar challenges.
Governance International is organised as a global network of institutional and issue-specific Governance Innovators and critical friends.
This allows them to gather information on innovations and best practice for their customers quickly and to provide value-for-money consultancy, training and research.