Mission and Purpose
The Centre for Lifelong Learning builds upon teaching, learning and research projects within the Department of Professional and Community Education (PACE), and works with colleagues in other departments and centres at Goldsmiths, to:
- promote equalities in professional education and professional practice;
- evaluate community-led regeneration programmes (including community arts);
- evaluate programmes to promote community-based citizenship education; and
- explore ways of engaging new communities in the changing structures of governance.
The Centre aims to promote and develop
- research and consultancy in Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement;
- critical debate through workshops, seminars, symposia and conferences;
- teaching and learning materials to promote Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement; and
- a data base, as a resource for colleagues and research students in the Department and beyond.