This online participatory event takes an existing dialogue method into the virtual space, offering an opportunity to connect around how we are feeling and thinking, as well as exploring what to do next as individuals and a collective during the COVID-19 pandemic. March 25, 2020.
Problems and Purpose
Background History and Context
Organizing, Supporting, and Funding Entities
Participant Recruitment and Selection
Methods and Tools Used
What Went On: Process, Interaction, and Participation
Influence, Outcomes, and Effects
Analysis and Lessons Learned
Links to resources shared with participants by NCDD organizers:
- a brief guide to holding online Cafes
- questions for cafes during this pandemic
- tips for participating in online Cafes via Zoom
- a phenomenal "mini guide" created by the fabulous Sandy Heierbacher!
- NCDD has also been collecting a variety of resources for dialogue in this unique moment. You can check those resources out here.
A second follow up email to participants included resources that were mentioned, as well as the recording of the online event:
- All of the resources for online Cafes during the pandemic are posted at http://www.conversationcafe.org/for-hosts/resources-cafes-online/. This includes a guide for hosts, the mini guide for use in the cafe, topics and questions for cafes, and an instructional on using Zoom for Cafes.
- In addition, all of Conversation Cafe's resources for hosts are available for free at http://www.conversationcafe.org/for-hosts/. Make sure to also visit http://www.conversationcafe.org/document-index/ for all resources, including the agreements in Spanish, which came up yesterday.
- For those looking for additional resources, NCDD's Communications Coordinator Keiva Hummel has helped collect a whole bunch of resources for responding to this pandemic. They are available (and please add to it!) over in Google Docs.
- The recording of yesterday's event is available at this link. Please note: the recording includes our overview of Conversation Cafe, the set-up for the cafes, and then the Q&A and wrap-up at the end. It does not include the breakout groups.
- Also available is the chat file. I will be uploading a revised version to the NCDD blog and Conversation Cafe blog once I have a little bit of time (which has been in short supply this week!), but for now this is available for you to peruse.
- Finally, for those who requested it, attached is a PDF of the slides Susan and I used in our overview of Conversation Cafe (uploaded to this Participedia entry under "files" in the data section).