A 48-hour virtual hackathon with the goal to develop solutions that address the most pressing technical, social, and financial issues caused by the COVID-19 outbreak.
Problems and Purpose
This virtual hackathon addresses two key problem areas related to the coronavirus pandemic:
1. Protecting Vulnerable Populations
How to protect vulnerable populations from the effects of COVID-19?
- Expanding and improving access to COVID-19 education and resources
- Who to test and when?
- At-Home Patient Triaging
- COVID-19 Treatment and Management
- Impact of Social Distancing and Quarantines
2. Supporting the Health System
How to support hospitals with shortage of staff, supplies, and resources?
- Identifying the COVID-19 Immune
- New ways to deliver care in a COVID-19 World
- Hospital Assets Coordination, and Distribution
- Space conversion and utility
- Health care workforce well-being, management, training
Background History and Context
Organizing, Supporting, and Funding Entities
Participant Recruitment and Selection
Methods and Tools Used
What Went On: Process, Interaction, and Participation
Dates: Friday, April 3 to Sunday, April 5.
Teams of 5-6 will be formed at the beginning of the event.
Collaboration will be facilitated via tools such as Zoom, Slack and Google Drive.