Citizen Integration Platform (PIC), Costa Rica
- Face-to-Face, Online, or Both?
- General Type of Method
- Collaborative approaches
- Public budgeting
- Direct democracy
- Open to All or Limited to Some?
- Open to All With Special Effort to Recruit Some Groups
- Number of Participants
- Small groups
- Medium size groups
- There is no limit to the number of people who can participate
- Types of Interaction Among Participants
- Express Opinions/Preferences Only
- Discussion, Dialogue, or Deliberation
- Decision Methods
- Idea Generation
- Scope of Implementation
- Level of Polarization This Method Can Handle
- Low polarization
- Level of Complexity This Method Can Handle
- Moderate Complexity
Costa Rica's Citizen Integration Platform uses a three step method of engagement including online and offline components. The process begins with idea sharing and moves to project co-creation and implementation.
Note: the following entry is a stub. Please help us complete it.
Problems and Purpose
The Citizen Integration Platform (Plataforma de Integración Ciudadana, PIC) was created to facilitate the process of urban co-creation through citizen participation at different scales: encouraging local improvement at the community level and collecting proposals for citizen advocacy at the national level. The online Agora PIC platform allows citizens to find and participate at each level of the PIC process: issue reporting, proposal presentation, and project implementation. 
Origins and Development
Participant Recruitment and Selection
How it Works: Process, Interaction, and Decision-Making
The PIC process contains three main phases:
- Citizen Dialogue: reporting what can be improved in the country and sharing concerns with others. Completed mostly online.
- Participatory Proposals: Meetings where participants present their proposals and co-create the solution with the community.
- Launching Projects: Review the projects that are in the process of being implemented and who is behind them.
Influence, Outcomes, and Effects
Analysis and Lessons Learned
 Agora PIC, https://agora.picapp.org/