Double Diamond Design Process
- Face-to-Face, Online, or Both?
- General Type of Method
- Research or experimental method
- Typical Purpose
- Make, influence, or challenge decisions of government and public bodies
- Make, influence, or challenge decisions of private organizations
- Open to All or Limited to Some?
- Open to All
- Number of Participants
- Medium size groups
- Large groups
- Types of Interaction Among Participants
- Ask & Answer Questions
- Express Opinions/Preferences Only
- Decision Methods
- Opinion Survey
- Idea Generation
- Scope of Implementation
- Level of Polarization This Method Can Handle
- Moderate polarization
- Level of Complexity This Method Can Handle
- High Complexity
The 'Double Diamond' process was created by the UK's Design Council and is divided into four phases: Discover, Define, Develop, and Deliver.