An online platform for submitting legislative proposals to the Estonian government. Participants can draft, debate, and vote on proposals. Those that gain 1,000 votes are sent to Parliament for discussion and users can view the bill's progress on Rahvaalgatus.ee site.
- Face-to-Face, Online, or Both?
- Typical Purpose
- Make, influence, or challenge decisions of government and public bodies
- Develop the civic capacities of individuals, communities, and/or civil society organizations
- Spectrum of Public Participation
- Open to All or Limited to Some?
- Open to All
- Number of Participants
- Large groups
- There is no limit to the number of people who can participate
- Types of Interaction Among Participants
- Express Opinions/Preferences Only
- Discussion, Dialogue, or Deliberation
- Ask & Answer Questions
- Decision Methods
- If Voting
- Scope of Implementation