Discourse is an online, open source discussion platform built to facilitate self-governance, including a flagging system to control trolls and spammers, the awarding of badges for positive interaction, and continual education on the universal rules of civilized discourse.
Discourse Online Discussion Platform
- Face-to-Face, Online, or Both?
- Open to All or Limited to Some?
- Limited to Only Some Groups or Individuals
- Recruitment Method for Limited Subset of Population
- Captive Sample
- Number of Participants
- Small groups
- Medium size groups
- There is no limit to the number of people who can participate
- Types of Interaction Among Participants
- Discussion, Dialogue, or Deliberation
- Ask & Answer Questions
- Decision Methods
- Idea Generation
- Scope of Implementation
- Level of Polarization This Method Can Handle
- Moderate polarization
- Level of Complexity This Method Can Handle
- Moderate Complexity