A social ideation and crowdsourcing platform created in 2011 to solicit ideas for improving the city. The platform allows residents to participate in ongoing public engagements, access documentation on past engagements, and post feedback or suggestions in the Open Idea Forum.
- Face-to-Face, Online, or Both?
- General Type of Method
- Informal conversation spaces
- Typical Purpose
- Make, influence, or challenge decisions of government and public bodies
- Develop the civic capacities of individuals, communities, and/or civil society organizations
- Spectrum of Public Participation
- Participedia Team
- Open to All or Limited to Some?
- Open to All
- Number of Participants
- There is no limit to the number of people who can participate
- Types of Interaction Among Participants
- Express Opinions/Preferences Only
- Ask & Answer Questions
- Decision Methods
- Opinion Survey
- Idea Generation