Theatre for Development (TfD)
- Face-to-Face, Online, or Both?
- General Type of Method
- Experiential and immersive education
- Typical Purpose
- Develop the civic capacities of individuals, communities, and/or civil society organizations
- Spectrum of Public Participation
- Not applicable or not relevant
- Open to All or Limited to Some?
- Open to All With Special Effort to Recruit Some Groups
- Number of Participants
- Small groups
- Types of Interaction Among Participants
- Acting, Drama, or Roleplay
- Decision Methods
- Idea Generation
- Scope of Implementation
- Level of Polarization This Method Can Handle
- Moderate polarization
- Level of Complexity This Method Can Handle
- Moderate Complexity
TfD (or T4D) is a type of outdoor pedagogy which uses open space to engage people at their level of local and indigenous knowledge. TfD is often used to teach concepts and values that are otherwise difficult to communicate using traditional, Western classroom pedagogies.