IRES PIEDMONT is a research institute that carries out its research activity in the socio-economic and territorial field, providing support to the planning action of the Piedmont Region and other Piedmontese local institutions and bodies.
Mission and purpose
The subject of the Institute's activities are:
- the annual report on the socio-economic and territorial performance of the region;
- the observation, documentation and analysis of the main socio-economic and territorial dimensions of Piedmont;
- short-term reviews on the regional economy;
- research and analysis for the regional development plan;
- sector research on behalf of the Piedmont Region and other entities.
- analysis and evaluation of regional public policies;
- evaluation missions to meet the cognitive needs of the Regional Council;
- preparatory studies for the evolution and improvement of regional policies;
- carrying out the functions in health matters transferred to the Institute (LR 8/2013).
Origins and Development
Established in 1958 on the initiative of the Province and the Municipality of Turin with the participation of other public and private entities, the IRES subsequently saw the adhesion of all the Piedmontese Provinces; since 1991 the Institute has been an instrumental body of the Piedmont Region.
Legally, IRES is configured as a regional public body with functional autonomy governed by regional law no. 43 of 3 September 1991 and subsequent amendments introduced by regional law no. 3 of 8 February 2016.
Organizational structure, membership and funding
The Board of Directors is elected by the Regional Council and appointed by the President of the Executive. It is not indicated how the applications are produced.
Specializations, methods and tools
Traditional and participatory social and economic research tools
Major Projects and Events
It takes care of all the health policies of the Region and carries out analyzes and prepares preparatory documents also in the territorial policies, in particular the Territorial Plan.
Analysis and lessons learned
Strongly structured subject and inserted in regional governance with a key role, almost exclusive, of analysis and direction.
IRES - ires.piemonte.it