Consejo de Planeamiento Estratégico (CoPE, or Strategic Planning Council) is a multisectoral and consultative body, which works to propose strategies to assist policy-making in Buenos Aires.
Mission and Purpose
The Planning Council is a multisectoral and consultative body, whose purpose is to periodically propose plans consensual strategies that offer foundations for the elaboration of State policies in the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires.
Origins and Development
The Consejo de Planeamiento Estratégico's creation is agreed upon in article 19 of the Constitution of the City and regulated in Law 310/99.
Organizational Structure, Membership, and Funding
The Coordination Unit is a body with the rank of undersecretary, created to provide support to the Strategic Planning Council disc. 1213/00 and Disc. 483/11. It has the following functions:
- To act as the enforcement authority of Law No. 310 supporting the CoPE in the exercise of the powers conferred by the aforementioned Law and other regulatory, complementary and clarifying norms on the matter.
- To supervise the Registry of CoPE Member Entities.
- To provide support in the coordination of the CoPE's relations with the legislative and executive powers; the autarkic and decentralized organizations; and the Communes reporting their results to the highest authority of the Council.
- To cooperate with the Executive Director of the CoPE in planning actions to promote the incorporation of new organizations to the CoPE.
- To promote the development of cooperation and information exchange links with the National Government, Provincial and Municipal Governments and international organizations.
- To coordinate and implement dissemination and publicity actions of the initiatives that are formed and defined by the CoPE.
- To formulate bills at the request of the CoPE and submit them to the aforementioned Council for channeling through the legislative initiative.
- To prepare the Council's Annual Work Plan in conjunction with the Executive Director in order to project the joint preparation of Strategic Plans, legislative initiatives, recommendations or other strategic planning documents.
- To project work on the evaluation of indicators of government management, the states foreseeable futures for the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires and proposals for projects and programs.