Simon WrightMember Since 2020
Simon is based in New Zealand and has been interested in dialogue, deliberation and public engagement in face-to-face and digital contexts since the mid-2000s.
His career includes:
- Member of the secretariat for Toi te Taiao: the Bioethics Council (2005-09)
- Inaugural members of the Consultation and Engagement team at the Wellington City Council (2009-15)
- Partner of Public Engagement Projects, a Wellington-based consultancy (2016-present)
He has served in leadership positions for:
- Trust Democracy (2020-present)
- Youth Work Wellington (2015-17)
- Citizenship Trust (2014-15)
- International Association for Public Participation (Australasia) (2009-12)
Simon has taught a Masters-level course on digital public engagement (EGOV503) at the Victoria University of Wellington and has used digital technologies to engage the NZ public on complex issues in collaboration with Scoop Independent News using HiveMind.