Collaboratively Documenting Apartheid at District Six Museum
- Specific Topics
- Public Art
- Scope of Influence
- Start Date
- End Date
- Time Limited or Repeated?
- A single, defined period of time
- Develop the civic capacities of individuals, communities, and/or civil society organizations
- Co-production in form of partnership and/or contract with private organisations
- Civil society building
- Spectrum of Public Participation
- Open to All or Limited to Some?
- Open to All With Special Effort to Recruit Some Groups
- Targeted Demographics
- Racial/Ethnic Groups
- General Types of Methods
- Community development, organizing, and mobilization
- Participatory arts
In order to mediate the strained relationships within the surrounding community while documenting the country’s heritage, public and local leaders supported the communal-development of a museum dedicated to the forced relocation of South Africans from Cape Town’s District Six.