Community philanthropy is a form of participatory grantmaking that focuses on bottom-up solutions like developing capacity for long-term leadership, relationships, and knowledge; and building trust and social capital through community governance and transparent funding decisions.
- Face-to-Face, Online, or Both?
- General Type of Method
- Collaborative approaches
- Community development, organizing, and mobilization
- Internal management or organization
- Typical Purpose
- Deliver goods & services
- Develop the civic capacities of individuals, communities, and/or civil society organizations
- Spectrum of Public Participation