- Face-to-Face, Online, or Both?
- General Type of Method
- Participatory arts
- Forum qualitative social research - Embodied Ways of Storying the Self: A Systematic Review of Body-Mapping
- Participatory Methods: Body Mapping
- The art of body mapping: A methodological guide for social work researchers
- Ch.19: Body Mapping (in Participatory Rural Appraisal: Principles, Methods and Application)
- Body-Map Storytelling as Research: Methodological considerations for telling the stories of undocumented workers through body mapping.
- Using metaphoric body-mapping to encourage reflection on the developing identity of pre-service teachers
- Number of Participants
- Small groups
- Medium size groups
- Types of Interaction Among Participants
- Informal Social Activities
- Decision Methods
- Not Applicable
Body Mapping uses artistic methods to create a life-size image that vividly and clearly represents the emotional and physical effect of a specific event on a person’s body.
For more information about this method used in context, see the Participedia case "Participatory Research on the Decommissioning of South African Social Services."