The Department of Architecture and Urban Studies (DAStU) is a thematic and interdisciplinary research structure of the Milan Polytechnic established in January 2013.
Mission and Purpose
The Department carries out research, design experimentation, and training in the fields of architectural and urban design, spatial planning and territorial governance, urban policies, conservation and intervention on the built and natural heritage, and historical interpretation.
It is one of the most important research structures in Italy in the field of city and territory disciplines, located in a solid international network of centers of excellence and open to forms of cooperation with institutional and social actors at the local, national and international levels.
Origins and Development
The Department of Architecture and Urban Studies (Dipartimento di Architettura e Studi Urbani, or DAStU) is a thematic and interdisciplinary research structure of Milan Polytechnic, and was established in January 2013.
Organizational Structure, Membership and Funding
This Council consists of the department's professors and structured researchers; the Manager, Gloria Paoluzzi; three representatives of the technical and administrative staff (Giulia Vittoria Maria Amadasi, Carmelo Di Rosa and Daniela Maria Giannoccaro); the representatives of the assignees, Mina Akhavan and Michele Morganti; and the representative of the PhD students, Marco Peverini.
- Massimo Bricocoli, Director
- Simona Pierini, Deputy Director
- Francesca Albani, Didactics
- Paolo Beria, Data and reporting
- Gaia Caramellino, Research, Regulations and procedures
- Stefano Guidarini, Spaces and Building
- Paolo Pileri, Communication
- Matteo Poli, Communication, Visiting and international relations
- Gennaro Postiglione, Modeling Research and Laboratory
- Stefania Sabatinelli, Didactics and Research
- Paola Savoldi, Postgraduate training and relations with institutions and institutions
Administrative contact person: Costanza Mangione
Specializations, Methods and Tools
Major Projects and Events
Analysis and Lessons Learned
 DAStU, https://www.dastu.polimi.it/dipartment/ (ril. 4/8/20).